Diablo Hellfire Loot ( Drop Rate ) issue.
As the saying goes, RNG is RNG. But yes, if you play enough games you will eventually find a Grizzly, or a Black Bear, or a Polar Bear Big Grin Ok corny jokes aside, you can easily find almost every unique in the game w/o too much difficulty if you are patient enough. It would in all probability take several hundred if not thousand games to do this (many players have actually done this, for the sake of collecting every unique item in the game just to have them), but.....

It is those high end, blue magical items that are much better - and MUCH more rare - that can take you an insane amount of games (or rather years) to acquire - and some you may never, ever find. A King's Sword of Haste/Speed is much better and far more rare than any unique sword in Diablo, and this is probably one of the easier high end magical items to get since you can Gris shop it. And if the stats on gear is important to you like it is for me, well, all I can say is Diablo will provide you with many years of slaying foes Big Grin

The item you want almost always drops when you least expect it, unique or not. Very rarely do they drop when you are actually seeking them out. Of course, luck plays a factor as well - some players have incredible luck finding great loot, others don't. In my case, I certainly can't complain Smile

I will say that I do like D1's RNG better than that of D2 or D3. In those games, the higher end loot might be "easier" to find (D2 zod runes not withstanding), but if the stats are off even slightly they are practically useless. In D3 it is tempered down somewhat because of the Mystic, but even still, finding good legs there isn't the problem, finding them with ALL the right stats is. On D1, most of the high end items are pretty useful even if they roll with low stats or lower tiered affixes. Part of that of course is due to the difference in game play mechanics. I always liked D1's itemization the best for its straight-to-the point simplicity, even if it is somewhat limited, and even if most of the Unique items are too underwhelming.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Hellfire Loot ( Drop Rate ) issue. - by FireIceTalon - 11-21-2015, 07:14 PM