I'm coming back, and I may need some help...
(11-15-2014, 08:35 PM)NiteFox Wrote: Is gearing still a case of stacking agility, crit, and tweaking hit? Anything different about pets? There's a whole lot of stuff I'm curious about, but that's about all I can think of that I wouldn't like to go blindly into.
Let me answer one of your questions for now. Maybe others later. All characters now have a 5% chance to crit, with agility classes getting a 10% bonus.

The entire damage equation has changed, and the world rebalanced;
  • Each point of Agility or Strength now grants 1 Attack Power (down from 2). All other sources of Attack Power now grant half as much as before.
  • Weapon Damage values on all weapons have been reduced by 20%.
  • Attack Power now increases Weapon Damage at a rate of 1 DPS per 3.5 Attack Power (up from 1 DPS per 14 Attack Power).
  • Attack Power, Spell Power, or Weapon Damage now affect the entire healing or damage throughput of player spells.

Agility is still the Hunters primary stat, and who ever has enough stamina?. I believe the secondary attributes are also affected by your primary, and are critical strike, haste, mastery, multistrike, and versatility.

For a beast matery hunter, the stat priorities would be Agility; Multistrike; Critical Strike; Mastery; Haste; Versatility. For a MM hunter, they would be Agility; Critical Strike; Multistrike; Haste = Versatility = Mastery.

So this new thing, multistrike seems pretty important.
Quote:Multistrike gives most abilities up to two separate chances to hit their original target an additional time for 30% of the original amount in PvE. For instance, if a player has 25% multistrike, abilities have two chances at 25% probability to strike again. In PvP only one such chance is available. This chance applies to damaging attacks, either single-targeted or area of effect, and also to heals, but not to status-affecting attacks like [Polymorph] or [Fear]. Additionally, each tick of a DoT or HoT has an independent chance to land a multistrike. Multistrikes crit independently of the original attack—that is, the main attack does not have to crit for the multistrike to crit.

Multistrikes are treated as procs, not additional casts. In general, multistrikes will not proc other effects, but there are a few class abilities that depend on a multistrike landing, much like the handful of class abilities that react to crits landing.

While versatility seems less important for hunters;
Quote:Versatility increases outgoing damage, healing, and absorbs and to a lesser extent, reduces incoming damage. With 5% Versatility, players do 5% more damage and healing, enlarge their absorbs (like [Power Word: Shield]) by 5%, and take 2.5% less damage. The healing increase applies to self-heals like [Recuperate] as well.

Tanks types also have: bonus armor, and healer types have spirit.

Then, for PVP: power and resilience.

Probably the best way is to compare my stats at level 96 un-enchanted, un-buffed, with questing gear to a level 100 high end raider who already has ilvl 661.

Me: [attachment=218]

Yooz@Kazzak: [attachment=217]

1000 more agility gets 1000 more AP, and DPS, and more stamina is better.

tl;dr Everything is different really, yet play feels pretty much the same. I don't think stats are the fussy thing they used to be now.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm coming back, and I may need some help... - by kandrathe - 11-17-2014, 10:34 PM