Awesome Plate of the Stars vs. Awesome Plate of the Lion
Been having a debate with a fellow D1'er on which of these is better.

As someone who owns both of these (including a completely perfect Awesome Stars full plate), I can safely say I prefer the former - with any class. To me, the benefits from the all attributes outweigh the extra hp - and this is especially true on rogue or sorcerer - classes that tend to utilize mana shield very often thus making extra hp meaningless. Although on a "tank mage", I would prefer an Awesome plate of Harmony over either. On a high ac rogue, an Awesome full plate of the Stars should easily be BIS.

Warrior is the only one where I think it is debatable, but even here, I still prefer Awesome Stars since at high levels warriors get a ton of hp anyways. With Awesome Lion, you get a flat 60 hp max, and thats it. With Stars, you get 22 hp, more damage, more mana, more AC, more blocking %, higher chance to hit, and more accurate casting with many spells (such as fireball and firewall). And of course, with mana shield warrior builds, an Awesome Stars would be better for the same reasons it is on the other two classes.

The question is, what to fellow Lurkers here think? For me, Stars no contest.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
Awesome Plate of the Stars vs. Awesome Plate of the Lion - by FireIceTalon - 11-02-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Awesome Plate of the Stars vs. Awesome Plate of the Lion - by Wander Lionlip - 11-16-2014, 04:01 AM