Talk me into, or out of, UEE for xbox 360.
I just came across this video that does a good job giving you the gist of the Diablo III story/dialogue experience. Act III in particular is very accurate.

Diablo 3 in 3 Minutes (some minor Spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY

EDIT: I finally finished the Reaper of Souls expansion pack recently. I think it is marginally better than the original game in its current form/version (which I understand was itself improved significantly by the expansion pack, but I never played earlier versions of Diablo III, so I can't compare).

The whole expansion just felt like an, "Oh, oops, that ending will make a lot of work for us to justify the story of a Diablo IV some day. Can we add on an expansion pack where we set up the ending to better pave the way for a sequel?"

They also felt they needed to add a bunch of other NPCs to talk to in the town that offer new dialogue periodically as the game progresses. Most of it was, well... awful. Only one of the 'important' extras said anything worthwhile, in my opinion, pondering what all the children who witnessed all of this pointless carnage and bloodshed in the game will make of the world when they grow up. The rest was stuff like a mother in denial who keeps asking if you've seen her kids (presumably dead) and to tell them to stop playing and come home... pretty much the entire expansion pack. And a woman who was rescued by a man who spends the entire expansion pack thanking and admiring her rescuer, a conversation they're still having different parts of every time you come back to town!

Woman: "You're a hero!"
Man: "No I'm not."
Woman: "But... you saved me!"

So, what I originally said stands. Don't buy this game if you expect or want anything clever. To me it just feels like a hastily assembled mess that was poorly thought out, with no real longevity. As I said earlier if you can get it cheap it might be worth playing through once, but personally its something I could barely motivate myself to finish once and doubt I'll ever play again once, maybe twice the rest of my life. That's a strange contrast compared to Diablo or Diablo II, either of which I've easily played from start to finish at least 50+ times. And I have mixed feelings about Diablo II, if that tells you how mediocre Diablo III feels to me at best.

Not meaning to be so negative about it, but as far as my gaming library goes, Diablo III has all the personality of a mannequin. I wanted to like it, and I started to a little in the first Act, and then whatever little potential it had went poof. I don't regret giving it a chance, and I'm not upset that it is so different from its prequels, I just find an absence of greatness about it. Engaging music, immersive atmosphere, cool story, gratifying gameplay, distinct foes with different looks and behaviors... I found none of that here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Talk me into, or out of, UEE for xbox 360. - by Belix - 01-29-2015, 06:45 PM