Patch 1.1: Where will you be playing?
Greetings to all my Lurkers!

with 1.1 dropping today, we get a pair of new 4 month leagues. Ambush, and Invasion.

Ambush is the "Standard" league, and features lockboxes throughout the world that will open and spring monsters out on people. You can only loot the contents once you have defeated whatever nasties are accompanying it.

Invasion is the new "hardcore" league, featuring invading monsters and new bosses in zones.

I am as of yet, undetermined where I'm going to play. I'm not a big fan of Hardcore, so I doubt that I will be playing in Invasion, but I would like to have Lurkers around to play with, and so I'm debating on if I'm going to keep on keeping on in Standard, or if I'm going to make my way to Ambush.

Part of this, will also be predicated on the Passive Tree Changes that will be spoiled 1 hour prior to the patch going live today, and my ability to salvage any of my characters quickly.

The new Patch Notes state that the Marauder Starting Area, and the area between the DUelist and Marauder trees have been significantly altered, and that a lot of the Scion beginning area has been reworked and nerfed.

Well....
I have a 66 Marauder. He's heavily invested in the Mara area, and the area on the way over to the duelist.

I have a 66 Ranger (DW). She rounds out her DW Swords build in the area between the Duelist and Mara.

I have a 66 Duelist Facebreaker. Can you guess where a lot of his points are? All the areas I just mentioned.

And then, I have my pride and joy. My Scion. I'm..... incredibly nervous about what this patch will be doing to her build.

So.... It might end up that I just have to start over, and take a break from the other characters while I work out the kinks on my other characters.

So far, the only character that seems unphased, is the one character that I just don't have much "hope" for. My Former Summoner, turned failed experiment at Freeze Pulse Witch. I knew that her tree was going to be wiped out with the passive respec. But, She was never going to be my "new main" so to speak. Just a char that I pass time with.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Patch 1.1: Where will you be playing? - by shoju - 03-05-2014, 02:19 PM