Bonus quests
I agree it is sad when modders choose not to invest the extra bit of effort involved to share the internals of their work, but whether or not we agree with their reasoning, it is their choice to make.

I don't think labeling someone with unflattering titles like noob is constructive. If I were them - and I'm not, but if I were - I'd feel much more compelled by a rational argument than petty namecalling.

And an off-topic thread is a rather ineffectual place to make such an argument.

qualakon Wrote:Belix, this is exactly why I stopped Khanduras for the time being (not saying gone forever, but why should I support the Diablo modding community?).
Diablo is nearly 2 decades old and enjoys a tiny fraction of the active players and popularity it once had, and Blizzard nailed its coffin shut years ago by removing it from any official sales channel. You have to ask yourself if, outside of these groups who aren't sharing, you think there's enough interested people left to validate the effort.

Noktis Wrote:why won't you create your own mod instead of asking for sources. Seems like even total noob can create one.
This kind of mentality is egocentric. Imagine a big wall with a door barred from the other side. 400 people want to get to the other side of the wall. Someone else got there first and already climbed it and can easily open the door from the other side. Applying your logic here, everyone else should have to climb the wall just because he did.

Sure, everyone else can climb the wall eventually on their own, and it does cost him some time and effort to open the door, but in that generous action he helps bring everyone much closer to something fun, much quicker.

Our entire species owes countless advances that have improved our quality of life and given us so many conveniences we now take for granted to people who stopped to open doors from the other side. The computer and internet you just used to post your message from is the result of such a process where a chain of people cooperated to make devices and services widely available.

If it weren't for them, both you and I would still be savages living in caves and hunting for food every day. So you'll pardon me if I express great delight that everyone doesn't think like you do. Helping others hurts nothing but your illusory sense of being special, but it benefits everyone.

Messages In This Thread
Bonus quests - by Marker1992 - 02-15-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Belix - 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Big Daddy - 02-16-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: Bonus quests - by LennyLen - 02-16-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: Bonus quests - by Big Daddy - 02-16-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by LennyLen - 02-17-2014, 03:03 AM
RE: Bonus quests - by qualakon - 02-20-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Noktis - 02-20-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Belix - 02-20-2014, 11:16 PM