Building a character for Hell Mode and uber Tristram
The poor man's guide doesn't look like it uses conviction, just smite, holy shield and fanaticism I think. I can always reset my stats though :-) when time comes.

(01-14-2014, 11:34 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 02:48 PM)TheKingofKewl Wrote: I'll take a look at the guide and see what I can do. Cause these countess runs aren't as profitable as I'd wish them to be. I don't think it was necessary to make these runes 1 in 2 million a chance to drop, that's ridiculous. And these ladder resets are frustrating cause they put pressure on playing obsessively if you want high end runewords, because some of the best are ladder only.

Yup. I wasn't a big fan of 'Ladder only, SP need not apply' to access the 'scluse' RW\contents.

Somewhere along the line of tweaks and patches, I think a big chunk of 'it's just a fun video game' got tossed out for me.

Anyhow, one thing I remembered that may or may not affect your Paladin. IIRC if your Conviction is higher than a monster's conviction aura, your char will override and cancel theirs. Uber Mephisto has Conviction IIRC, but I don't remember if your paladin can override his aura with just maxed natural Conviction, or you need a skill adder.

I've heard of some players using Salvation instead, I tend to prefer Conviction overall. But that's definitely an individual play style\choice thing.

Quote:And the cost is pressure on the player who wants to play casual to average amount but wants to build special items over a lengthy period of time. The ladder resets and all your friends move on.

Yep. I wonder sometimes if bliz painted themselves into a corner on that one. Too long, and dupes build up. Too short, and the few non-cheating players left are screwed.

Then again I'd consider myself in the very small minority of wishing to do away with the 'Ladder Only' restriction, and just release all contents for all modes.

That's probably not going to happen for various reasons already beaten to fine glue paste. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building a character for Hell Mode and uber Tristram - by TheKingofKewl - 01-15-2014, 12:15 AM