Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Happy New Year everybody. I'm so glad to have found that this patch is still being worked on, I had been using version A4 for a while and was quite happy wit the improvements it made, version A5 is proving even better. Thankyou, Belix, for devoting the time to this.

I do have a couple questions, whenever you have time for them.

Firstly am I the only one bothered by the Auric Amulet doing nothing? I agree that it was sorta dumb as a quest reward and it's so much nicer for gold piles to always be 10000 max, but I feel like the amulet should still do *something*. Are there any effects from D2 that would be possible to replicate for it, like increased gold/magic find? Maybe throw some charges of the Rogue's Disarm Trap skill on it since it looks like a treasure chest? Or the Thaumaturgic shrine effect? I dunno, just somethin' so it's not garbage.

Secondly, is it wrong of me to be using Gillian to make the oils I apply to my weapons carry over from each game? I've nearly doubled the damage of my Bard's main weapon and it seems like a bad idea to stop now. : P

Thirdly, I've noticed that the Long War Bow is using a previously unused graphic to set it apart from the Long Battle Bow... is there any desire for other items that use the same artwork to be given new graphics? (Long Bow / Hunter's Bow, Sword / Short Sword, Plate Mail / Field Plate, etc)

Thanks again for your work on this patch, it's been great to get back into the game with the improvements you've made to it. : )

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by DeusExCeteri - 01-01-2018, 07:39 PM