Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
My apologies for delayed replies again.

(10-17-2017, 09:13 AM)svfn Wrote: hi there, how do i make the resolution conform to 4:3 aspect, because it is stretched at all resolutions in fullscreen mode, even after i applied settings with '~' menu.
Hi svfn, this can be tricky these days.

-Check the display control panel for your system's video hardware (ATI, Intel, NVIDIA etc.) and look for any aspect scaling behavior forcing a widescreen display. There's typically 3 choices here, though the names may vary: Aspect Ratio (scales the image larger only until the edges touch the edges of your screen in one direction -- this it the behavior you want), Full-screen (stretches the entire image in any dimension to fill your display), or No scaling (will leave black empty space on all sides unless the fullscreen program is running at resolution close to your monitor's native resolution).

-Check that your monitor doesn't have its own aspect ratio/scaling mode behavior; if it does, this tends to default to forcing a stretch to widescreen, just like the video software, so set that to your desired mode as well or it will still scale the image your monitor gets, even if your computer is no longer stretching the image before it gets to the screen.

Hope that helps. Smile

Aleris Wrote:Hello everyone
Hello! I'm glad other members were able to help you sort that out. I actually was so annoyed by the game's behavior hiding the saves this way, that I wrote a patch just for me that let me move them into the game's directory, where they are NO longer saved as hidden system files. Unfortunately releasing this publicly would be a disaster, because the saves must first be moved, renamed, and cleared of the system tag properly if I recall, otherwise the player would start HF and find all their saves missing after updating to my mod. However, if anyone is interested in obtaining the code to do this for their own use, I'd be happy to share it. Just remember I can't help you if saves get misplaced or lost or mixed up... you're on your own there. Make backups first!

Davias Wrote:Is it possible to save the monster count in transition to New Games with a character somhow with the mod?
Sadly, this would require editing how the game writes character saves. I lack sufficient expertise to make such a complex change, and so far the only people I know who have ever achieved save modification are the guys working on The Hell; they implemented an extra inventory slot to add a Weapon switch feature. Perhaps one day when I understand how they made Diablo save that between games, I could figure this out, but the amount of data locations involved to capture and restore all that information would be a huge code patch. I thought it would be nice to have that too before, though, so you're not the only one who'd appreciate a real lifetime kill count just as a neat statistic for the character's career... but alas, many of our kills over the years will already be forever uncounted. I still have characters around that are over 10+ years old. I'd love to see how much action they got like this.

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 11-02-2017, 02:28 AM