Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(03-28-2015, 03:32 AM)Belix Wrote:
(03-28-2015, 02:26 AM)Phoenix7786 Wrote: I see you make references to multiplayer, so I assume it works.
Yes, most of the time I spend developing and testing this occurs in multiplayer games over Hamachi.

I'd like to help, and I could suggest a number of things you might try (actually, I should probably create a guide for setting up MP games with both Diablo and Hellfire these days), but unfortunately I don't have time to type up anything helpful right now; I'm in the process of packing for a trip to visit some family. I need to go to sleep early and drive out of state first thing tomorrow.

I will try to get back to you Wednesday at the latest if you haven't sorted it out already; sorry to have to ask you to wait. Some of my friends have gotten MP games working as easily as just installing the game, patch & IPXWrapper and start playing right away with no problems on Win 7 64-bit, so it could just be one simple thing you've overlooked like a firewall exception (or turning the firewall off, if it isn't Windows Firewall - some of them seem ruthless in blocking old games like Diablo, even if you added proper exceptions).

Oh wow just you replying back so quickly is heartening enough. Have fun visiting family! We've got other games to run on Hamachi, so I assume it must be something about Hellfire not being configured properly. We're by no means tech-wizards but at the same time we're not "which one's the any key?" kind of people. Neither one of us is super familiar with Hamachi, but if you're willing to help us out it'd be greatly appreciated. Take your time by no means are 2 random fans your direct, primary responsibility.

EDIT: Eureka! He forgot to check the compatibility tabs for the Hellfire loader. Once he set it to XPSP2, and checked the various boxes we connected and played just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPhaG1ud38

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Phoenix7786 - 03-28-2015, 04:19 AM