Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(11-14-2014, 11:37 PM)Thenryb Wrote: I never played enough mage (and never in HF) to master proper firewall casting. I remember ROF being a bit worthless but that may have changed with this patch. And speaking of the patch, I do not suppose there is a version where Leo does not resurrect skeletons in MP. I found that to be pure tedium with a level 10 rogue with a decent (for that level) knockback bow.

I've seen some Sorcerers combine Ring of Fire with Teleport to 'trap' monsters inside, then after teleporting out, Fireball them to death while they're stuck in it. In a situation where trapping them with a wall is difficult it's a nice alternative to have at least - and you don't have to worry about precision placement. You can cast Ring of Fire while moving the cursor to your teleport escape location.

I do intend to undo Marsh's change of Leoric resurrecting in MP, but I haven't yet been able to pinpoint the change he made in the executable code (one of many) to put it back. Hopefully that will make it into the next version, but I may not have time to look into this until after New Years. On the bright side, at least I was able to fix all the bugs with the Warlord of Blood in MP (Warlord invincible, book re-reading every time you come back to the floor).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 11-14-2014, 11:42 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM