Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Investigating two other Multiplayer bugs that appear to be native to Diablo or Hellfire. Not sure if I can do anything about them, though.

Bug #1: It seems joining games when players are not in town can sometimes cause Hellfire to hang/disconnect.

Bug #2: Sometimes items may tun up with weird stats like 0/0 durability, 0 armor class. This seems to be caused by items forcefully generated by the game for quests, e.g. Theodore, Cathedral Map, Auric Amulet, Celia's amulet reward, Na-Krul's drops, Torn Note, and anything similar I can't think of at the moment. These items can erroneously respawn after they've already been taken, and messing with them again at this point seems to have a chance to cause this weird glitch, as if a bad 'update' is being sent out to the other players for the wrong item ID on the network (most quest items have 0 armor, durability etc.). I'm doubtful my knowledge will provide a means to resolve this bug short of finding a way to deposit the items directly into a character's inventory - suitable for the amulet, bear etc., but problematic for the treasure trove that Na-Krul drops. Suspect this is a problem in vanilla Diablo as well, but unnoticed since normally no specific items are forcefully dropped by monsters or NPCs in Diablo MP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 09-23-2014, 06:56 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM