Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Happy to hear you got it working. Smile

For the sake of anyone else with these questions, I'll answer these:

(05-24-2014, 09:06 AM)Zephkiel Wrote: Edit 2 : I've seen a lot of "colors fixes".
There is the registry key in your patch, the Ddraw dll thingy from khanduras that i should put in the directory...wich should i use? or both? WHat do they do ?

Some newer versions of Windows (particularly Windows Vista and Windows 7) have a problem displaying colors properly in 256-color palette games, which makes the screen look like a confetti explosion of neon colors in random places. It isn't pretty and makes the game unplayable.

I don't know exact numbers right now but I'd guess roughly one-third of Windows PCs active at this time are running Windows 7, so the problem is common enough I wanted to include the color fixes, since having them and not needing them hurts nothing (they're very tiny files) and do nothing unless used.

Most people will want the 64-Bit color fix, but a few users may have an uncommon 32-Bit version of Vista or Windows 7. If you're not sure which you have, try the 64-Bit first, then the 32-Bit; using the wrong one will do no harm.

Anyhow, enjoy!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 05-26-2014, 07:12 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM