Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
I apologize for not being punctual with my release. Last minute testing revealed that the Block Bonus bug was fixed for single player games but only worked for the host in multiplayer. I of course was not satisfied with this and began working on it again immediately. My fix had to be almost completely re-written from scratch, but the Block Bonus now works properly in multiplayer games, with the value for each character synchronized correctly over the network.

Unfortunately, like many other 'random' chance events, the actual act of blocking is not synchronized over the network, so players may appear to block when in fact they were hit in their own game, or appear hit when they actually blocked. At least, however, with the Block Bonus synced properly in Multiplayer you won't see other players blocking less frequently than they actually are.

v1.02.A4 is the largest update yet. It also added a significant amount of information to the change list, which prompted a massive edit of the original post. I will also be adding proper information for installation and configuration, and a troubleshooting section.

I am working diligently to finish updating the documentation so that the update can be released within the next couple days. Until then, here is a teaser of a few features you can look forward to in v1.02.A4. Smile

• Monster Ranged Attacks: Most monsters previously couldn't hit you up close with arrows or spells; now they can
• Block Bonus: Each class now gains its intended block bonus (previously always ignored in Hellfire)
• Resurrect: The spell sound effect was set incorrectly and would never play; now you'll hear it as intended
• Rejuvenation Potion: A bug with the amount of Life and Mana restored for Monks and Bards has been fixed (50% more effective for each)
• Fast Attack: Now works on Bows like Diablo v1.09; this makes The Needler & of Swiftness useful again (esp. for Rogues)
• Warlord of Blood Quest: Now enabled by default in Multiplayer again (now that several issues with it are resolved)

I will not post again until I bring you v1.02.A4. See you then!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Belix - 05-12-2014, 08:28 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM