Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(04-10-2014, 09:06 PM)Belix Wrote: The fire arrow traps can be a nasty (even fatal) surprise for a low level character, but changing the code responsible for the heap of damage would render Elemental Bows much less useful for Rogues (who are already robbed of Attack Speed bows in HF). I believe some players consider the elemental arrow damage a feature instead of a bug, so I'm not sure I should 'fix' it. Smile However, an easier and more practical adjustment to address your specific issue might be to move Fire Arrow traps lower so they can't appear as early as the Catacombs.
I wouldn't wish being hit with one of these even on the Lord of Terror himself, but I don't have any experience with Rogues so perhaps this is needed as a "feature" indeed.

(04-10-2014, 09:06 PM)Belix Wrote: I regret that I've been unable to make sense of the Rejuvenation Bonus Bug for the Monk and Bard, but on a more positive note, I am happy to report that I believe I've fixed the Block Bonus bug that you mentioned earlier. Apparently in Hellfire v1.01, the Block Bonus is always 0, even in a new character's first game! In v1.02.A4 the Block Bonus should work properly for all characters, new and old.
Now this is good news. Not the fact that Block Bonus was 0 always but that it'll be fixed - after Nest, Crypt and Hell I am convinced blocking is the best thing since sliced bread and not even MAX resistances across the board convince me otherwise Wink

Wouldn't be my post without a bug report though (experienced this with few other games in past, sometimes I feel like a walking bug detector Dodgy). After meeting Diablo himself and showing my sword up his... errr, I mean gently persuading him to leave the mortal realm, I decided to make a new game with the same character (didn't save though thankfully) only to find out that Veil of Steel morphs on new game, turning into Mana Potion of Butcher's Cleaver. Stranger still, some quick searching revealed that such behavior was supposed to be fixed by patch 1.0.1 - but a quick revert to that version and doing the new game test again revealed this not be the case either Huh Not sure if anything can be done about this, but I can upload the save file for testing if needed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Malek - 04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM