Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Goooooatmeeeen aaaaarcheeeeers! [Image: emot-argh.gif]

Ahem, pardon this, just relived the less pleasant aspect of my Diablo memories. Onwards to the main subject.

First of all thanks for the code. As for the question you ask my opinion here is as follows:

Vitality Drain - first because it's simple, true to the original and replaceable. Also it mirrors the change already done to the mana-damaging shrines so consistency, yay.
Mana Burn - listed second because eh, it feels like better of the two remaining ones but in all honesty I don't really think it'd humble Sorcerers any because any smart sorcerer would leg it as soon as he activated a yellow zombie and then deal with it from range without having to fear the mana drain.
Life Reduction - this one I don't like. Feels to powerful and too swingy. Too easy for someone to get killed by bad luck with that one. Perhaps at lower % of damage taken it'd be workable (10% maybe? 15% perhaps but I'm not sure if I'd risk more) but still feels like the worst option here.

That being said, myself I'd probably stick to the original version. A little bit of perma hp drain never killed any- *drops dead*

Bonus thought - since it seems most of the changes here seem to be done by hex editing the exe file when it runs perhaps it'd be possible to implement all of those here and let people choose? Then again some of those might need more than just the hex edit so perhaps it is impossible.

Edit: It seems that your change on "of Thieves" affix also changed Empyrean Band. Won't find me complaining (Big Grin) but I figured I'd let you know all the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Malek - 04-09-2014, 02:18 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM