Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(04-07-2014, 07:44 PM)Belix Wrote: You're very welcome, Diablo is one of my favorite games. It was fun to polish it up for the years ahead, and I'm glad it can help improve the experience for others too. Turning features on/off was originally a side-effect of implementation, but I now regard that as a feature instead of a bonus, so I'm going to keep it.
Yeah, Diablo is a favourite of mine too. It was the very first game I got for my first PC so it holds dear memories, and - in my opinion at least - it aged better than Diablo 2 did (I had my fun with that one back in the days it was fresh but looking back it feels like Blizz messed up many thing trying to innovate... but I digress).
Glad to hear you're keeping feature customization Smile

(04-07-2014, 07:44 PM)Belix Wrote: I only have a few of Marsh's changes toggleable now, but eventually do hope to have them all optional. Marsh only gave partial info about changes he made to the Hellfire.exe, so I have to rely on mod notes and byte comparisons to pin them all down, which is an arduous process. If we're lucky, Marsh might see this and volunteer more info.

Regarding your specific example, not blocking projectiles you're resistant to was a change Blizzard officially made to Diablo in a patch. But, since I'm trying to find all of his changes anyway, I can aim to find that particular one early so you can toggle it next version.
And also good to hear you're doing what you can on that front. Blocking was just something that stood out first that I used as an example (and I was surprised to learn it actually came from vanilla D1 - live something new each day it seems), but thanks for digging out that toggle code - I'll put it to good use and worst come to worst if monsters block-stun me into death I'll turn it off Big Grin

(04-07-2014, 07:44 PM)Belix Wrote: *stuff about affixes and morphing*
Ah I see. I can understand why you're reluctant to change those if that's the case.

Just to add something to your to-look-into list I managed to play the game a bit (after learning that on being freshly booted my laptop can handle about one level of the game before trying to spontaneously combust), and it seems like the Search spell fix might either not work as intended or mess up Scrolls of Search a bit. I fired up one of those and it lasted me about a third of a level - didn't really keep track of time but I doubt I managed to clear out that much in those ~30 seconds that the scroll should provide going by calculation in JG (working on assumption here that is the intended calculation after the fix since you made reference to it in changelog). Edit: Managed to play the game some more, burned a second scroll of search I had with timer in hand to test this. Search lasted over three minutes O_o

Oh and a slightly off-topic question if you don't mind. You seem to be familiar with Marsh's mod and it speaks something about adding unique monsters to Hives and Crypts which left me a bit confused - did Hellfire have unique mobs and they were commented out? Or did Marsh do some custom-content job here?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Malek - 04-08-2014, 04:21 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM