Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
fhansen Wrote:Thankz Belix.
You're welcome, I hope it was worth the trouble. Big Grin

(03-28-2014, 08:27 PM)qualakon Wrote: I've changed the .dun files for the town such that Adria's house is where Gillian is much like how the Hell has it. I prefer this way so that I don't have to walk a mile to sell a book or staff.
I know how you feel; that's pretty much why I moved Wirt. Wirt's distance wasted hours of my life when I was younger; those hours are precious now, better spent actually playing and enjoying the game. Smile

(03-28-2014, 08:27 PM)qualakon Wrote: Do you think it's possible to change Gillian's location so that she's at the house near the portal location?
(03-28-2014, 08:27 PM)qualakon Wrote: If I provided the graphics, could you do the programming in the next version?
It would make more sense to me to move Adria's shack to replace the house just a few steps Northwest of the portals, and leave Gillian where players are accustomed to finding her.

I know nothing about tile editing, but I'd guess it would be very easy for me to include such a change in my next version if you provided the altered file(s). The only problem you might have is getting my approval - I can be super picky, so if you don't move the shack to exactly the right place... Tongue We should discuss that through PMs, but I'm open to the idea. You could send me a screenshot of the moved shack, or maybe I could send you one showing where I'd like it moved to.

As an aside, if you're feeling really bold with tile editing, I'd love to implement Darren Lamb's beautiful illuminated water fountain that didn't make it into Hellfire for some reason. I'd do it myself if I had time to mess around with Diablo more. I think the glowing fountain would look really spiffy behind Cain and add a touch of atmosphere to the town square.

(03-28-2014, 08:27 PM)qualakon Wrote: Also when are you going to make your own exe with all these changes?
I've been thinking about it, but I'm currently leaning against it. I feel that the ability to customize this mod easily is possibly its best feature - a feature that would be lost if I hardcoded changes into Hellfire's exe.

As it works now, it allows users to keep the changes they like and ditch the rest. So if our vision of a 'better Hellfire' differs somewhat, it doesn't become another tiresome case of all or nothing. I'd rather like to keep it that way. Smile[/code]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Belix - 03-28-2014, 09:59 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM