Character graphics Fix Pack v1.1 (for Diablo & Hellfire)
Edit: It's ready; download at the end of this post. Now also for plain Diablo!

Hello Lurkers!

I'm happy to finally bring you something I've wanted to create now for years:
an overdue fix for some of Diablo's character graphic animation flaws. These improvements are focused mostly on Hellfire's Bard, but a handful of things have been done for the Rogue in general, and for bow-wielding Warriors and Barbarians.

I say some because there are too many anomalies in the character graphics to properly correct without having either the source models or the time and skill required to edit thousands of frames of animation by hand. I sadly do not have these things.

That said, I have finished improvements to a whopping 795 frames. Here are some examples so you can judge for yourself. =)

EDIT 9/12/18: The preview images that used to be here seem to have been broken for some time now. I don't think I have the originals any more. Sorry about that!

Before                        After
[Image: 7ef.gif] [Image: roi.gif]

Before                        After (notice in original she 'snaps' out of place)
[Image: j4g.gif] [Image: zc1o.gif]

Before                        After
[Image: m02.gif] [Image: jurc.gif]

Before                        After (notice darkness and snapping on left)
[Image: jtb.gif] [Image: 7nil.gif]

New in v1.1!
Before                        After (desaturated stun animation fixed)
[Image: 8k.gif] [Image: oza.gif]

[Scroll down this thread to see a couple more examples]

There are too many frames to show them all here, but you get the idea. This file reduces or eliminates some previously noticeable shifts in brightness, incorrect character positioning between animations, and some discolorations. View the included document for a full list of improvements.

Important bits from the included documentation:
Quote:Compatibility:
-Tested and works on Battle.net.
-Tested and works with Diablo v1.09 and Hellfire v1.01.
-Should work with all Windows versions of Diablo & Hellfire.
-Should work with all mods for Diablo & Hellfire, unless they use or ignore patch_rt.mpq.
-Tested and works with the following Hellfire Mods:
Hellfire: Fixed (all versions)
Marsh's Unofficial Hellfire Mod
The Dark (does nothing here, since the Plate Armor graphics aren't used)

Installation:
Hellfire Users: Copy the included patch_rt.mpq into your Hellfire directory. Simple as that!
Diablo Users: Please make a backup copy of your original v1.09 patch_rt file, then copy the included patch_rt.mpq into your Diablo directory. Done!

The differences may seem subtle here, but Diablo runs at 640x480 where these images take up more of modern displays and can be considerably more jarring. Download it today and finally put an end to the Blinking Bard:

Attached Files
.zip   AnimFix_Diablo&HF v1.1.zip (Size: 1.45 MB / Downloads: 393)

Messages In This Thread
Character graphics Fix Pack v1.1 (for Diablo & Hellfire) - by Belix - 12-08-2013, 10:34 AM