The Dark Graphics - Save .cl2 animation [solved]
Hi ArthurDent, if I recall correctly, the difficulty I had using TDG was due to its interface.

For example, the Loop checkbox is clustered in with the controls for animation playback, where its intuitive purpose would seem to control whether the animation presently loaded repeats during playback. But it doubles as a switch to control batch operation context established when TDG is told to open a file; not so intuitive, and I don't remember anything in the TDG help file that stated this explicitly.

This was further obfuscated by the need to check Loop before opening an animation to batch save all of its frames out to individual files; it gives you the misimpression you want Loop checked to perform batch operations, when in fact this will cause problems trying to save a multi-frame animation (where it must be unchecked before opening the frames).

The Loop checkbox influences program behavior in ways that are not easily apparent, which in turn can lead to situations where the instructions offered by the help file do not work.

Once I figured it out, though, TDG was of invaluable helping me to correct some animation related issues in Diablo and its expansion pack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Dark Graphics - Save .cl2 animation [solved] - by Belix - 03-31-2014, 11:38 PM