Is it too late to play WoW?
Not really. Keep in mind I stopped playing at the end of Cataclysm, So I'm not "hip" to the new expansion.

At the end of Cataclysm, in an effort to keep myself invested in the game, I started a new character, on a new server. I knew no one. I had no existing wealth. I had nothing. I even went as far as playing alliance, so that it was a completely new experience for me.

I was able to reach level cap quickly. At level cap, I had enough gold to purchase several items from the AH, as well as gems, and enchanting mats so that I could get my char ready for heroic dungeons. Within 24 hours of play time at level cap, I was "raid ready".

And then, I raided on the character a couple of times.

I also was able to farm up things for transmog. My little warlock was sporting a nice Tier 1 Transmog set, and along the way, even picked up both bindings, resulting in my Warlock being my only character with a Thunderfury, despite 3-4 YEARS of consistent, never missing a raid lockout on my paladin, and then my death knight.

Talk about a kick in the teeth.

But back to playing. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to jump in now, and get going. Even unlocking the Death Knight Class wouldn't take that long if that's your bag. level 55 isn't hard to get, especially since Cataclysm, when they redid the zones, making leveling an absolute breeze. Toss in the RDF tool, and you can quest, while you sit in queue waiting for a dungeon, and you no longer have to worry about having all the quests for the dungeon. The NPC's are waiting for you right inside the entrance, looking for your help.

If you were to be so brave, you can actually level solely through dungeon runs. I had done that on several alts along the way. I would pick up mining / herbs / skinning (pick two, run with it), and just gather while waiting on dungeon queues. Both Profitable, and enjoyable at the same time. I wouldn't recommend that for a first char, because the new story is actually really good.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Is it too late to play WoW? - by Darky - 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Is it too late to play WoW? - by shoju - 10-18-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Is it too late to play WoW? - by Bolty - 10-18-2013, 09:04 PM
RE: Is it too late to play WoW? - by Darky - 10-19-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Is it too late to play WoW? - by swirly - 10-19-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: Is it too late to play WoW? - by shoju - 10-19-2013, 02:47 AM
RE: Is it too late to play WoW? - by LavCat - 10-20-2013, 04:45 AM