PoE Pitfalls
(10-14-2013, 02:54 PM)shoju Wrote: I'm treating the game as a single player...

That is usually how I treat ARPGs, but MP is the only thing keeping me in this game. Due to the extremely low drop rate I find it absolutely necessary to trade and team up. It's nearly impossible to try and find a unique that you want, instead you're forced to trade for it. Even a fairly common unique like Facebreaker took me over five hundred hours logged to find it. Yet I can go on poe.xyz.is and find a decent one for one chaos. You can try to make due with what you have, of course, but it limits the game more than others I've played. I played a lot of Median XL before POE, so I guess that spoiled me (you can break down uniques you find to craft the one you want).

Before spending time on trading I had hundreds of hours logged yet no real currency bank to speak of. I had a lot of failed crafting attempts which lead me to at most having a semi-decent 5L. Then I played Onslaught and used the 3rd party trading websites. Bought and sold lots of stuff, flipped some items (biggest gain was 20 chaos flipped to 7exalts). Without doing that I would have most likely been nowhere on gear and currency.

I've been playing Diablo 2 again while waiting for the POE 1.0 patch and it's been a blast. Like seeing an old friend again.

Messages In This Thread
PoE Pitfalls - by MonTy - 10-14-2013, 03:25 AM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by shoju - 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by MonTy - 10-15-2013, 02:30 AM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by LochnarITB - 10-14-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by Frag - 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by shoju - 10-15-2013, 03:09 AM