PoE Pitfalls
Hail all,

I've played a lot of PoE recently and I'd be interested in hearing how many of you still play it, and your thoughts on the game.

For myself, it's a love and hate relationship. While it's exciting seeing all these new Uniques implemented into the game every few weeks, the currency and item drop rate is so low that I've given up hope of finding something great. I've made a lot more currency playing the trading game than I have from finding stuff.

Even if you do find a Unique you like, you have to have the currency to socket, link, and chrome it. Then you have to assemble the correct gems, which require even more currency to quality them.

Mana is also a huge factor in being able to use skills. Even if you have the links, it's probably tough to sustain even four or five links. Then you also have to worry about balancing life/es and armor/eva/resistances. It's absolutely exhausting getting a character geared to do end-game maps, and then it's a huge currency sink to even run those maps. I've spent about 20 exalts worth of currency running enough maps to get to 90, which was my goal level to get to.

After all that, can't say I'm too excited to play more characters. I've been planning out a lot of different builds, but whenever I think what will be needed in terms of gems, sockets, links, and gear, I get discouraged.

Sorry about the mostly negative post. There are a lot of positive points to the game. I've met a lot of interesting people from trading and grouping and it's something I'm not used to having to do, with other ARPGs. When you do get those amazing drops in a new league you can really catapult ahead with trading smart, but without doing that I don't find much of the game accessible.

Messages In This Thread
PoE Pitfalls - by MonTy - 10-14-2013, 03:25 AM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by shoju - 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by MonTy - 10-15-2013, 02:30 AM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by LochnarITB - 10-14-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by Frag - 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: PoE Pitfalls - by shoju - 10-15-2013, 03:09 AM