Life in 1.10f and how the bandit rewards stack up
Some good comments in this thread about Evasion and ES. Evasion is very possible late game, I had a 66 running maps that was pure Evasion. It's amazing for slower and harder hitting monsters. But otherwise it'll require more life and stun immunity via Eye of Chayula. I wouldn't play a pure Evasion in the new leagues that don't have that unique.

ES is also widely recognized as the best route to take for high level map play. People are able to get to ten thousand plus Energy Shield with instant Life Leech via Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver.

In fact I'm kicking myself for not doing this with my current Freeze Pulser in Onslaught. He's 73 and doing just fine, but not great. Life is at 3.9k, armor 5k, and 78 to all resistances (-18 Chaos). Similar ES builds are getting to 8k ES and instant life leech. It's really the instant leech that makes it so powerful. My life will dip to 1k at times and I'll have to hit my health potions and run away. With ES build you could just stay and attack, gain more life and probably freeze the enemies as well.

Also I found out the real trick to Freeze Pulse is not actually the Cold damage. It's added Chaos or Added Lightning that are the real damage dealers when you combine all the cast speed and critical strikes from the build. Chaos bypasses any normal resistances and ES, and Lightning causes shocks. Now I'm being stubborn and sticking to my Cold damage build, but I've grouped with FP'ers who are doing a lot more damage than myself and using either Added Chaos or Added Lightning. Thankfully he's getting stronger as I level the FP gem up and now that I have a 20% FP gem along with quality Life Leech. I hope to get him to 80+ in Onslaught.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life in 1.10f and how the bandit rewards stack up - by MonTy - 07-11-2013, 01:46 AM