Frenzy - Evasion Ranger - Anarchy League
In the Anarchy League, I'm currently running a Bow Ranger.

-Single Target I'm using Frenzy
-AoE I'm using Split Arrow / Rain of Arrows (depending on the need)
-I'm also running Bear Trap (I'm less than impressed with this... I wish I had a fire Trap.)
-Decoy Totem It's... no Skeleton Totem
-Clairty (I'm leveling it up at this point, not sure if I will end up using it)
-Poison Arrow I haven't really used this lately, but It's still in the gear.

I'm currently working off Evasion for my Defenses, and I have Acrobatics and Spell Dodging.

Weakness of the whole thing: Bosses. Hard Hitting Bosses to be more precise, but so far bosses have been the main problem. Normal mobs (outside of ridiculous rare + Magic combos) haven't been a problem.

So far my big problem has been Decoy Totem keeps their attention for a hit or two, but other than that, i'm just running and running and running and running, and shooting when I can, to try and drop them. My evasion just isn't high enough yet, and I've been "mapping out" the build planning to go back and pick up health nodes in a couple of levels when I pick up the last Frenzy Node.

I'm fairly confident it isn't a DPS issue. With 5 Frenzy Charges at my disposal, I can really get the DPS cranking. I know my "resting" frenzy DPS is 696.

My question(s):

Should I continue to press to get the 6th Frenzy Charge? 3 more points and I will be there. (which would be 2 more levels, since I have another skill point quest in the very near future)

Or, should I start fleshing out some major HP upgrades? If I wanted, I could spend my next 12 skill points on nothing but HP nodes. They were nodes I was planning on picking up, but I was trying to get to the next frenzy charge now. Something I'm not sure I really need.

Next question:

If I were to give up the idea of acrobatics and Evasion, and use another stat that I didn't gimp myself on, what would you do? I've been leaning more towards armor / Evasion in my thoughts on this, but I figured I would get some info from people. What would you do for defenses with a ranger?

my build currently
I'm not sold on acrobatics right now either. It's been.... Eh?, but that might be because I'm still just not sitting at that much evasion. I'm right around 48% right now. I have enough refund points, I could drop the acrobatic stuff right now, and flesh out more HP.

If I did that, I could add 46% more HP based on available HP nodes. That sounds like a nice chunk to me.

For reference, this is/was my current "final" build. If I drop Acrobatics, I would probably drop those points into getting into that life cluster that is nearby the Thieve's Craft Intelligence Node.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Frenzy - Evasion Ranger - Anarchy League - by shoju - 06-14-2013, 06:48 PM