Questions about multiplayer save file for Hellfire
Hello, i´m a long time fan of the Diablo series (just like everybody here, i suppose Smile ), and after a long time researching about Diablo 1, it seems that this forums are one of the most active that still talks about this classic.

I also noticed several community releases, so i wanted to join and ask a few questions, if i may.

After trying to convert my diablo 1 mp save to hellfire mp save, i managed to do it with Diablo Saver 1.09.

But only to find out that Hellfire is based off Diablo 1.04, and has a retarded multiplayer saving system that places hidden system-like .drv extensioned files on a system protected folder on WinNT based systems, AND (worst of all), make that save usable only on that machine, making the backup of save files a real pain in the ass.

That all seemed resolved when i found in this forum the "My Unnoficial Hellfire 1.02 Patch" o this link: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13318.html

When i read that one of the changed was that now multiplayer save files are all usable independant of the machine it is in, i got excited.
I managed to find the link for the mod, downloaded and installed it.
The game opens fine, but now Diablo Saver won´t work because its a different client version.

Is there a workaround for this?

The situation is: i either use the 1.01 version and use the save file only on this machine, forever (diablobackup can´t seem to restore it), or i use the 1.02 mod fixes and loose all of my existing diablo characters, that i worked so hard do level up.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any replies.

Messages In This Thread
Questions about multiplayer save file for Hellfire - by gugutz - 05-03-2013, 01:49 PM