Torchlight II Live!
(04-07-2013, 05:47 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Edit: Everything I can find says that while they have made a server you can run locally, that you can log into and play D3 on...it's not very good, and is *not* the full D3 experience like playing online; i.e. they couldn't duplicate all of it.

Best as I understand it, it's not like the latest Simcity situation, technically speaking at least. Only from what I've read at least, a player managed to mod the game successfully to show Simcity can run offline mode just fine. So EA\Maxis is not being 100% truthful when they said the game absolutely needed their servers to function.*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/24780/disc...487753859/

*EA not being honest with customers?! Shocking! Big Grin

Again, as best as I understand it at least, D3 on the PC was built from the ground up to be tethered. Or not.

If that sounds like bafflegab, I'm just repeating what's been said officially.

http://www.gamefront.com/blizzcon-2011-b...llow-mods/

Quote:However, we have these other goals that supersede modding; we want to provide a safe and secure experience for players to play in and trade items in, and in order to do that, we had to make the game online play only

So trading items maybe optional for you and many others, including myself. But it's clear that bliz themselves thought different. At least in 2011. Fast forward 2 years later:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/28/diablo...hurt-game/

Then again, and excuse my bluntness on the matter. This could've been avoided by concentrating on just making the damn game function as a video game. And not tacking on a wannabe e-commerce software collabo integration with Facebook and Paypal.

Again, just my opinion. Maybe it's just old fashioned.

/swigs a bottle of Bartle and Jaymes
/eat Pepperidge Farms cookies
/mutters about damn kids on lawn

Quote: If so, then that means Blizzard will continue down the road more, not less.

Bliz is absolutely free to do whatever they want based on however they interpret the data. They can claim that it's working as intended, everything worked brilliantly and according to plan.

It's absolutely within their right. Just as it's absolutely within my or anyone elses rights to disagree, and counterclaim that if a company requires me to be Always Online, then I require their servers\support (nothing to do with my ISP) on -their- end of the cable to be Always Online too.

Can't or won't do it? Everything they demand from me is reasonable but anything -I- ask is unreasonable? Then they're not going to see one cent from me. That's not a bliz exclusive, that goes for any company vying for my cash money.

If you know what you're buying into and are fine with it, that's absolutely fine too. One of my friends does not like the online tether of D3, but he treats it as an Free to Play MMOG, which he considers par for the course and he's fine with it.

And that's fine. It's fine. We're all fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjN9yK4lhxU

Quote: So, if you want offline D3, Playstation is your road. Are there any promises about porting expansions to PS3/4 yet?

Nothing absolutely concrete from what I've seen, though if we're talking turkey here. If they are porting over expansions, it wouldn't be a big surprise towards them doing a PSN Store download purchase. D2X was a separate purchase from D2, so I don't see them doing anything different with that.

Messages In This Thread
Torchlight II Live! - by Bolty - 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Bolty - 09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by LochnarITB - 09-20-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by LochnarITB - 04-03-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-07-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 05:41 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-07-2013, 09:10 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM