The Pace of the Game
I agree that all control impairing effects should be somehow telegraphed. Mods like Frozen, Waller, Arcane Sentry, etc. all force you to make tactical decisions in the middle of a battle, or suffer the consequences. It makes elite battles feel like epic struggles ranging across the terrain, and makes me feel like my choices are leading to success. Even when they're beating my face in at first, Elite battles are fun for these reasons. However, stuff like Jailer and Nightmarish, you lose control for no good reason other than "it's time", and that's frustrating. There's no way to avoid them, no tactical decision you can make, other than to hope you're geared enough to be able to survive. The only option is to use a breaking skill like Smoke Screen or Serenity, which seems counter to the idea of "skill diversity" (For example, when I only have six skills to choose from, and Vault fits my playstyle way more than Smokescreen...but doesn't help break control effects, do I have room for a second defensive skill like that?).

As to potions, I really enjoy the Health Globe system. I've kept a piece of armor over a slight/moderate "upgrade" in other stats because it had the "+X bonus from Health Globes" affix. Again, it adds another layer of complexity in the middle of a heated battle with a pack. The affix that increases the radius of collecting globes/gold is kind of like the +light radius in D1; it sounds good and convenient, but it actually can be a hinderance, because it makes it difficult to leave the globes around in a fight/area and only collect them at the opportune moment, using something like Vault to get out of a fight to a saved globe. I've found (for me, at least) it keeps the pace going pretty well without too much of the running around, waiting for cooldowns. Maybe they could add an affix to gear that increases the chance for Health Globes to drop to help improve the ability to stay in the fight.

Messages In This Thread
The Pace of the Game - by Archon_Wing - 07-28-2012, 12:10 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by SkyDarkwind - 07-28-2012, 08:13 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by ErickTheRed - 07-29-2012, 04:35 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by FireIceTalon - 07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by Wessonality - 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by Kurosu - 07-30-2012, 02:35 AM