The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
Yea, that too, even if the lack of leveling after Inferno is something I can live with despite the old system being better. Although leveling to 50 on D1 was sort of a pain in the ass because it probably took as long for one char as it does to lvl ALL 5 classes to 60 on D3, but you had co-op play to make it more interesting along the way. Co-op play though on D3 is even more tedious than playing solo, so there is little incentive to do it even if you could still level. Although you do have that rare occasion where you may need a team to get past a certain area or boss. I found Belial for example much easier to beat with my Wiz in a team, than I did solo. But this is an exception - for most non-boss areas or dealing with elite packs, solo is usually easier. It's kind of sad - because it should be the other way around: co-op play should be easier so that playing with others is more easily encouraged, even if Diablo is considered a single player game.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by FireIceTalon - 07-09-2012, 06:51 PM