Gearing and drop rates, AH use almost required to progress.
Hey all,

Something I've been wondering about, it seems that normal is easy to complete in relative rubbish and any mix of skills.
Nightmare turns up the heat considerably, and i found that progression required not only a good selection of skills, but also a good source of items.
Items that seemed to not be coming my way, now it might just be bad luck, but i when to the AH and brought, at considerable cost, some set pieces and high dps and stat items, that made it easier to continue, without dying every elite pack along the way.
The thing is, i have never yet found these items myself, and have upgraded from the AH regularly now.
So i'm wondering, is this intentional? have Blizzard adjusted the odds of a character finding items they can use to make the AH a required part of the game? Reinforcing their "on line" only game plan.
Now, i have a few hundred mats in my bags that i could be making items with, but their normal mats, and i don't see them making anything worthwhile.
It seems to me a copy of WOW's crafting, where you had to be a certain level to get the mats to make the items, but by the time you did, you'd have found better elsewhere.
So, am i missing something? or it that the idea?

Mist

Messages In This Thread
Gearing and drop rates, AH use almost required to progress. - by mistique - 07-04-2012, 12:01 AM