Tornadoes
I was recently discussing some Tornado Barb discussion I saw over on the Amazon Basin, but hadn't really given it much serious thought myself. Figured I would sit and actually look at it so I could talk about it with some small clue. So thus I also figured I might as well make a post here with my thoughts.

Sprint/Run Like The Wind - This is the real core of the build. The whole point is to run around leaving tornadoes. Each tick of a tornado counts as a hit for life on hit and such like that.

Whirlwind/Hurricane - This is so that you can run right through mobs and drop tornadoes on top of them as well as a way to get yet more hits to trigger things. The Hurricane rune cause the speed you run at really matters for this build and so you don't want Whirlwind slowing you down.

Wrath of the Berserker/Thrive on Chaos - You are going to be trying to gain fury off of either crits or hits. At the same time you are going to be spending fury on Whirlwind. Thus hopefully reaching a point where you are constantly gaining/spending to a degree to keep this skill active for long periods.

Weapon Master - This passive is pretty much required. You can run maces and get extra crit from it or you can run mighty weapons and get rage on hit from it.

I feel like those four Skills/Runes are the things I can't see changing too much. Past those you have to decide if you want to try for crit chance in order to gain fury from Battle Rage/Into The Fray or if you want to go the mighty weapon route. I'd probably go the mighty weapon route and do something like the following.

Warcry/Impunity - Resists to keep me alive and a way to generate rage to start with.,

Furious Charge/Stamina - I figure starting a fight with Warcry and then charging through the mobs. That should give you 45 rage plus extra for any mobs you hit. Wrath is 50, Sprint is 20, Whrilwind is 16 (according to the website guide). So we need 86 to start. If you hit 3 mobs with the charge you'd be at 69. So might have to absorb some hits or use a generator for the rest.

Bash/Onslaught - I think the extra hits from this count for the Weapon Master fury on hit procing. So it seems like a good way to generate any extra needed fury. It also gives an attack to use against single targets since the rest of the build is very mass target oriented.

Superstition - A passive that reduces damage and gives you fury gain as well.

Nerves of Steel - Just seems like a required passive to me. Something to help keep you alive.

So the end build would look like: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/ba...Yeb!ZZZccb

I have no idea how good it would be, but it feels like it would be fun anyway. I do want to remind that I didn't originate the idea. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d3/forums/...lace-wotb/ is the thread I originally found it in. I just sat and thought about how I would attempt it at a glance.

Messages In This Thread
Tornadoes - by swirly - 06-29-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: Tornadoes - by ErickTheRed - 06-29-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 06-29-2012, 07:11 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Ell_man - 06-29-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by swirly - 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 08-21-2012, 04:40 AM
RE: Tornadoes - by swirly - 08-21-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by ErickTheRed - 08-26-2012, 10:13 PM