Tactics for Diablo (spoilers, obv.)
So I'm curious, since it will matter more on higher difficulties, what sorts of tactics are people using for Diablo? I noticed his bone cages can hit you even if you are moving this time, and you don't get a chance to escape, you just take some unavoidable damage.

Speaking of damage, I noticed his lightning breath actually does some this time. Does it still have the gap it had in D2? Playing a Wizard, I had zero intention of getting close enough to find out the hard way. If not, that's got to be horribly rough on melee types.

Luckily I got to spam hydras and meteors and never had to stand still. I think I zapped him with electrocute all of twice for about .5 seconds each. Not sure what his melee tactics are, but as a kiter, I think those two attacks were my best option.

I also note he gave up on his red-rover charge and has just started teleporting. I guess it's easier to have bosses teleport than write good pathfinding. The fact that my clone was using some of its worst options to attack with was great, though. Really? Shock Bolt? Shadow dude, I never got within half a screen of you. Try using something with range.

Messages In This Thread
Tactics for Diablo (spoilers, obv.) - by ViralSpiral - 06-25-2012, 09:17 PM