So just what was Belial's plan there?
(06-27-2012, 09:24 PM)RogueMage Wrote: Anyone else think it was a colossal misstep to morph Leah into Sheablo rather than Adria? As a plot twist, its shock value was limited to that first game you played through in Normal difficulty. But its spoiler effect completely sabotages any dramatic value of replaying the extended quest sequences in subsequent games. Now when I have to click through Leah's dialog to advance the plot, I just ignore her since everything she's admonishing me about is futile and her rudimentary character arc is meaningless. If Diablo had turned out to be a shady secondary character like Adria, it would have made just as much dramatic sense and been far more watchable in replay.

I don't know. There's an emotional tug there when someone you know to be a nice sweet person gets screwed over by her mother. On replays, you can definitely see what a callous lousy mother Adria is being which makes me want to smack her around. I hope that she's one of the bosses in whatever expansion that comes out so that I can do just that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So just what was Belial's plan there? - by MongoJerry - 06-27-2012, 09:37 PM