So just what was Belial's plan there?
The Diablo story has never been great literature. I mean, the original D1, kill stuff, go deeper, kill more stuff, a book on Heaven vs Hell, oh, look at this staff on level 15, oh, that means it's Diablo, kill him! Oh, I killed Diablo, so I'm going to take this soulstone that made Albrecht into Diablo, and stick it in MY head!

D2, it's the Wanderer, but, it's not hard to tell that he's bad news and/or put two and two together and realize he's the guy from D1 with Diablo's soulstone. Oh, he's going to get his brothers, but it looks like he knows where they are, even if we don't. Demons follow in his wake. Kill the big demons helping him. Kill his brother Mephisto. Kill him. Kill his other brother Baal.

Now, we're in D3, and the story, imo, has at least more twists in it, even if Belial is telegraphed as easily as the stuff in D2 was. I mean, w/o spoilers, did you really expect the falling star to be what it was? Also, the lore books that drop help flesh out what story there is.

The story's just a framework for the fighting, and that's all it has ever been. Just enough for the fighting and quests to flow, that's it. Still not sure what you were expecting, having played D1 and D2. There was *nothing* in either of those games that wasn't easy to figure out as far as story. This isn't Skyrim or NWN, after all.

Edit: Sad as it is, this story is still better than its forebears.
--Mav

Messages In This Thread
RE: So just what was Belial's plan there? - by Mavfin - 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM