Entering Hell, need to tweak my build...
(07-14-2012, 11:08 PM)MongoJerry Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 08:56 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Nearing the end of HC nightmare for my wizard, so it might be time to reevaluate stuff. Frozen elite enemies would be a great hazard unless I can insert mirror images in here.

As Mr. Miyagi says, "Best block - no be there." Teleporting away to a safe spot is a good counter to Frozen. If you get caught anyway, there's a good chance the mobs will attack you duplicates while you're Frozen. Plus, the mobs will also be snared by your Blizzard and probably won't catch up to you anyway.

Quote:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...adW!ZbYbab

I noted that with the snowbound rune, everything consumes so little mana that I could use cold blooded for even more slowing. Illusionist is so that I can panic teleport away more readily. I'm also not sure how much diamond skin will hold, though it's been very valuable lately. I will of course get force armor or the last one.

Edit: Wait, so Blizzard doesn't benefit from cold blooded by itself? I'm getting contradicting answers from searching. In that case, temporal flux seems like a nice option once I get seeker.

Dunno about Cold Blooded. I haven't used it. Experiment with it on and off and see if the damage numbers coming off Blizzard change. I wouldn't bother with Illusionist, as it'll be rare in nightmare and hell that you'll take a full 15% from a single hit. I'd use Evocation instead, which has the side benefit of helping your Diamond Skin as well.

You already have a strong slow with Blizzard, so there's no need for Temporal Flux. If Cold Blooded doesn't work, then consider Astral Presence, Galvanizing Ward, Glass Cannon or Arcane Dynamo.

Finally, I usually see Blizzard/Hydra wizards use some form of lightning signature spell. Electrocute - Lightning Blast or Chain Lightning and Shock Pulse - Piercing Orb seem popular.

Thanks for the advice. I guess there's no point planning for situations that you shouldn't get in the first place. Those fractured illusions have saved me from some rather fatal projectiles.

I guess I'll be testing out cold blooded. The temporal flux idea was mostly for amusement purposes, since seeing enemies try to limp over to my hydras is funny.

Electrocute seems to have a somewhat short range and difficult to aim but I'll see what happens there. Currently my tactic is throw stuff off the screen and hope they hit. :p I prefer my first sight of my foes to be of them dead.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering Hell, need to tweak my build... - by Archon_Wing - 07-15-2012, 04:35 AM