Entering Hell, need to tweak my build...
(06-15-2012, 05:39 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: Regarding the armors, if you were playing hardcore, I'd say you have to get Energy Armor - Prismatic or Force Armor end of story. However, since you're playing softcore, I say have fun, keep using the ice armors, and let us know how well they work. Frag and I were just talking today about how people still really haven't figured out everything about this game, yet. He was noticing how people are valuing Barbarian gear completely wrongly on the softcore auction house, for example, and how people really underestimate some of the tanking and surviveability skills of the Witch Doctor. You might just find that we've all been underestimating the Ice Armors all this time.

I have a feeling that after 1.03 Frost Armor with the Chilling aura is going to be very strong. Maybe not as strong as the Energy Armor choices, but totally viable. I just tested it a bit in A3 Inferno and it is very strong in certain situations. The biggest reason it is unviable now is that you absolutely need Energy Armor to not get 2 shot from mobility mobs. We'll see if the damage/health changes to Inferno in 1.03 are enough to open up viability to other armors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering Hell, need to tweak my build... - by Chesspiece_face - 06-15-2012, 06:09 AM