Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-14-2012, 07:25 AM)RedRadical Wrote: I havent tried Fracture on teleport yet, will give it a go and see how it works. The cooldown on teleport is quite annoying though, so hope that fracture rune is worth it. I don't have huge confidence in Diamond Skin on hell mode though, I think one hit and its gone, and if you are still on cooldown when that happens, its gg I think. Ill give it a go if i see such a mob again, but can't say I'm very optimistic, although Diamond Skin did save my arse vs Rakinoth on nightmare mode.

Diamond Skin-Crystal Shell is definitely hell viable. I have worries about it in perhaps late Inferno and think it should be made to be a percentage of your health rather than a fixed amount according to your level. But in hell and early Inferno, I don't have any worries about it at all and love it not only in the situation described above but any time you have to cross any kind of dot areas on the ground or just have to face tank a mob. However, other wizards do like their Mirror Images, too, so ymmv.

(06-14-2012, 07:18 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: The basic game mechanics are mostly fine; the numbers need a little tweaking. The Elites can very easily be stupidly over the top too. Imagine trying to take out Invulnerable Minions/Shielding/Illusionist/Extra Health Soul Lasher Champions. Pure player skill and gear, is it? Yes, it is an absurd example, but it is also one that can indeed occur. Again, this is something that just needs tweaking rather than being a fundamental game issue. Blizzard can resolve these issues, though it would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming with information.

I will agree that Invulnerable Minions is pretty ridiculous, and I'm not convinced that the plan of decreasing the health on the IM boss is going to be enough to fix the problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by MongoJerry - 06-14-2012, 07:46 AM