Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-14-2012, 07:05 AM)RedRadical Wrote: My Wiz is at Act 3 of hell difficulty and does fine, but there are some elite/champ packs, namely the aforementioned, that simply are impossible to deal with. She is not under geared by any means, and my skill selection is pretty run-of-the-mill for a high level Wiz (Wormhole Telly, Force Armor, Electrocute or Magic Missile, Arcane Orb with Tap the Source, Venom/Arcane Hydra or Blizzard etc - Glass Cannon, Astral Presence as passives with Blur usually as the final option).

That's only 5 skills. I hope you have another defensive skill on top of that. Also, I'm sorry, if you are forced to skip mobs in Hell with that wizard either you are badly geared or you are misplaying those mobs. There is NOTHING in Hell mode that is unbeatable. Had you said you were having those problems with your Wiz in Inferno I would have backed you here. As I've said A3 Inferno on is where the game falls apart. A3 Hell is perfectly fine.

Best advice I can give you with your wizard is drop Electrocute and take Magic Missle/Seeker. Scout with your Hydra and then tag those lashers around the corners. Same issue with Vortex mobs, utilize the terrain and you can nearly completely negate them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by Chesspiece_face - 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM