Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-14-2012, 07:05 AM)RedRadical Wrote: Elite/Champ Soul Lashers are pretty much GG for almost any ranged char, regardless of what traits they have, and if they have the "fast" trait it's pretty much auto-skip unless you are playing a melee char. My Wiz is at Act 3 of hell difficulty and does fine, but there are some elite/champ packs, namely the aforementioned, that simply are impossible to deal with. She is not under geared by any means, and my skill selection is pretty run-of-the-mill for a high level Wiz (Wormhole Telly, Force Armor, Electrocute, Arcane Orb with Tap the Source, Venom/Arcane Hydra, etc). Gear is fine, because I beat most of the elite packs fairly well, but some mechanics make a few mobs virtually unbeatable. And this is hell mode, in Inferno, this problem goes from being present in some mobs, to MANY, or even most, mobs.

I also had trouble with hell difficulty elite/champ lashers and any scavenger/dog packs until Frag convinced me to go with Fracture instead of Wormhole for teleport. Having those two extra bodies distracting the mobs while I burn down the pack really helps. Also, I hope that your missing sixth "etc." skill is either Diamond Skin or Mirror Images. If not, then that's what you're missing. I personally find that having two active defensive skills plus an armor skill is perfect. With lasher/scavenger packs, I'll Diamond Skin for a few seconds while I burn the pack, then teleport-fracture away, burn, then by then hopefully Diamond Skin is back, then teleport-fracture, etc. Add in some use of potions and health orbs, and that should get you through it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by MongoJerry - 06-14-2012, 07:14 AM