Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
It's far too easy to blame the player, and not see the faulty mechanics of the game. I am confident that my skill level is quite adequate, and my items and skill selection are par for the course. There are certain mechanics that are designed to be unbeatable. You have to be completely delusional to deny this.

Elite/Champ Soul Lashers are pretty much GG for almost any ranged char, regardless of what traits they have, and if they have the "fast" trait it's pretty much auto-skip unless you are playing a melee char. Just like Fire Chains, Molten, Freeze, and Arcane own Barbs. My Wiz is at Act 3 of hell difficulty and does fine, but there are some elite/champ packs, namely the aforementioned, that simply are impossible to deal with. She is not under geared by any means, and my skill selection is pretty run-of-the-mill for a high level Wiz (Wormhole Telly, Force Armor, Electrocute or Magic Missile, Arcane Orb with Tap the Source, Venom/Arcane Hydra or Blizzard etc - Glass Cannon, Astral Presence as passives with Blur usually as the final option). Gear is fine, because I beat most of the elite packs pretty well, but some mechanics make a few mobs virtually unbeatable. And this is hell mode, in Inferno, this problem goes from being present in some mobs, to MANY, or even most, mobs. Nor is it me lacking any skill - its just that Soul Lashers move 100000x faster than my char does, so kiting doesnt work at all, and they do INSANE damage to ranged chars who cannot tank it like a Barb or Monk could.

I'm hoping 1.03 solves some of the issues but at the end of the day, the cheezy mechanics will still be there, and even if they make it waaay easier, there will still be some mobs that just have to be skipped for every class due to the randomness that they spawn.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by FireIceTalon - 06-14-2012, 07:05 AM