Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-14-2012, 03:07 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Roland's post sums up my thoughts almost exactly, though I will also add that the complete lack of skill balance. Every class has skills that are useless in Normal, even more struggle in Nightmare; by Hell, every class has to fall into one or two builds because nothing else is possible. Before anyone adds `everyone ran the same two builds in Diablo 2', that is not true. Powergamers ran the cookie cutter builds. I had an absolute blast with my Inferno-only Sorceress, until LoD introduced Fire Immunes. In fact, for the dozens of characters I made, not one was ever a cookie cutter build. Alternate skills were viable, if not optimal; Diablo 3 is so poorly balanced, that very little is viable.

They were viable only because the game was so easy. They weren't balanced, though. A few builds could blow through the game on player-8 without trouble while the rest could be played in one or two player games but with more difficulty.

Regarding D3, I've seen quite a number of different Wizard builds out there that are quite different from one another with lots of arguements back and forth on which attack skills, defensive skills, and which passives are better. I think that's a sign of a well designed class. That's a whole lot better than the static field/finisher or you're a variant version of the D2 sorceress.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by MongoJerry - 06-14-2012, 06:12 AM