Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-13-2012, 12:49 PM)Bolty Wrote: While what you're saying is of course true, I can't help but get the continual impression that you haven't experienced the Act 1 to Act 2 Inferno transition personally. You repeat this mantra as if you don't realize how insane the amount of farming that is required, or you just don't care. The gear that drops in Act 1 Inferno isn't enough to get you over the Act 2 hurdle without a level of farming that has been, well, documented somewhat here already (four players creating hundreds of games to farm treasure goblins, for hours on end). And now that loophole's been closed, too.

You forget the rest of my mantra (#2):

1. There aren't any game mechanics that can't be solved with appropriate use of player skills and better gear.
2. I believe that Blizzard held off on some gear while they waited to see what skill and farming exploits the community comes up with.

You might not believe me on #2, but we do know this: In the 1.0.3 patch, they're going to make high end gear easier to find at lower tiers of Inferno, they're going to make legendary items more legendary, and they're going to retune the damage and/or health of mobs in Inferno. Plus, they've already made it so that damage does not increase with additional people, making it easier for people to group up together -- an effect that massively increases dps, because people don't have to kite so much in group situations as they do in solo player situations.

OK, you say, but what do I do now? Here are things you can do before 1.0.3 comes out:

1. Continue to farm Act 1 so that you can make the transition to Act 2. Too many people have said that it is possible to do this for you to convince me that it isn't possible, although yes, it is perhaps tedious and grindy.

2. Go ahead and buy some things on the gold auction house so that you don't have to grind quite so much. Sure, all of the top items will be on the RMAH, but you don't have to own the very top items in the game.
  3. Set aside your barbarian and play another class up through Act 1 Inferno. I've had a ball on my Wizard, and it seems like the other classes are pretty fun to play as well. Or start a completely different barbarian from scratch, do not twink him or her at all, and use completely different skills.
  4. Look at the achievement lists and knock off all of the ones you can.
  5. Start a hardcore character. It's a whole different very intense game. You know my attitude: Softcore is just practice. Come join us over on the hardcore side. I think you'll get addicted to it. As a bonus: No RMAH, so you no longer have to have to even think about it anymore.
  6. Join the Lurker Lounge tournament. Play a random class with random skills assigned in hardcore and laugh when you die at level 18 or surprise everyone when you make it all the way through hell.

So, there are lots of things to do, even before 1.0.3 comes out and makes things a lot easier. I doubt that you have explored everything there is to know about the game, yet, so branch out to explore some other aspects of the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by MongoJerry - 06-14-2012, 01:15 AM