Are there any sites with good boss AI and ability descriptions?
My hardcore level 60 Wizard just got killed by Rakanoth in hell. Yes, yes, we're all saddened by it. She'll be reborn and will return soon enough.

However, this and a couple other scares in previous boss encounters got me thinking that I am certain that I am taking damage from some attacks in boss encounters that are entirely avoidable. For this reason, I tried doing some Google searches for guides for various D3 bosses, hoping they would give me some tips listing all of the boss abilities and various quirks about their AI so that I can improve my play -- especially before I start trying to tackle some of the bosses in Inferno. However, all of the guides I found were... well, let's just say they weren't good. They often weren't specific about boss abilities or AI, they often were written from just one class's point of view, and frankly, I recognized some of them to have bad or wrong information.

So, is there a site that you know of that has reliable information on all or most of the bosses?

And, as long as we're on the subject, throw me a bone on Rakanoth. My gear was fine for the fight. I was able to heal up using a potion after he teleported on top of me and slashed me a couple of times, and I was doing decent damage to him. However, while I was already recovering from a previous attack, I think he critted me with a second teleport/slash attack and while I ran to try to buy time for the potion to come off cooldown, he teleported on top of me again and finished me off. From the jumble of sites I found, a few comments said that if you stay just out of melee range but keep him well on screen, you can avoid getting melee attacked and at the same time, he won't teleport on top of you. Is this correct?

Messages In This Thread
Are there any sites with good boss AI and ability descriptions? - by MongoJerry - 06-08-2012, 10:19 AM