First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too)
That's just it though, Vortex is completely unavoidable for ranged classes, and when you are as fragile as the DH is and everything 2 shots you, it makes playing pretty pointless. Either they need to make Vortex avoidable, or they need to give ranged classes, in particular the DH, better defensive skills to mitigate the outrageous dmg. I realize they are going to decrease monster damage in Inferno come 1.03, but I still have a sneaky suspicion that DH is still going to have it rough. But Vortex is nothing compared to Invulnerable Minions, which is by far the worst of the offenses. In the case of DH though, the problem lies just as much in the poor design of this class as it does Inferno itself.

They could reduce monster dmg in Inferno by 25%, and reduce the number of monster affixes from 5 down to 4, and there would STILL be plenty of challenge to overcome - it would remain substantially harder than Hell difficulty, without it being the complete cheese-fest that it currently is.

My Barb and Wiz are currently playing hell difficulty, and I'm having quite a bit of fun. I die to most elite/champ packs at least once, and the really difficult ones can take 3-4 tries to kill (ive only come across a couple that I had to flat out skip, thankfully). I can deal with this though, and it is a balanced challenge - hard, but not to the point where its frustrating and I want to rage quit (at least rarely, I've had a couple packs where I realized I stood no chance at victory because of the monster type, with tough affixes, but I just avoided them and went about my business). Again, Inferno needs a happy medium: harder than hell mode, but easier and less tedious than it currently is, without leaning toward either end.

When I play my Barb, I really like the thrilling close-calls I get even vs many mobs. Like if I'm facing a pack of Berserkers with fire chains, plagued, and extra health, and my life constantly drops to frighteningly low numbers and Revenge becomes activated JUST IN the nick of time to save me....THIS is fun, as well as exciting. And even if I die a couple times, it isnt a big deal. But when you get 2 or 3 shotted by everything and you cant even make the fight last more than 30 seconds, let alone have any chance of victory, this is NOT fun.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too) - by FireIceTalon - 06-09-2012, 10:36 PM