Can we start a specific skill discussion thread?
(06-10-2012, 05:02 AM)Gnollguy Wrote: Yes, champs and uniques. It's the biggest reason to have it. Actually I haven't found a mob it doesn't work on. I've confused many of the scripted bosses as well (haven't tried it on all of them). Sure that doesn't do much good (unless they have adds) other than increasing the damage they take with the rune, but yeah, it works on everything I've tried. Runed confusion + slam dance equals one huge short term DPS boost and makes great group synergy.

I've found quite a few instances where Mass Confusion doesn't work; possibly the worst offender I met was a Unique Mortar/Horde dervish with Mortar minions. It specifically cited "Immune" whenever I attempted to use it on that pack.

Shielded champs/uniques can also be immune to MC when they're shielded as well, no such restriction applies for Horrify.

Which is why I prefer Horrify. Okay, you sometimes have to chase down fleeing mobs and there are a few random outdoors events where scaring everything away makes things harder, but it works. You can guarantee that everything in a 12-24 yard radius isn't going to be attacking you, which is what you want most of the time.

Mass Confusion on the other hand can make something that wasn't attacking you in the first place (Because it was occupied with a meatshield) attack you instead out of spite. This is why I rate MC as a huge pile of crap compared to the solid reliability of Horrify. There's enough randomness in the difficulty of the game, I really don't want to be relying on a skill that's basically comparable to playing Russian Roulette with who gets hit when there's already something else that does a similar CC job but better.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we start a specific skill discussion thread? - by NiteFox - 06-10-2012, 05:45 PM