My Wizard Build
After much experimenting, I think my final Wizard build is coming together.

Magic Missle (Split) - Used when out of AP as a way with the Prodigy passive to build AP back up while also doing a little bit of damage. I had been using the Charged Blast rune for the superior damage, but I just ran some tests and am pretty confident in what doppel said -- that the Prodigy passive procs for each of the split magic missles. This is incredibly powerful, and I'm going to switch to Split until Attunement becomes available at level 42.

Arcane Orb (Arcane Nova) - 175% weapon damage to all enemies in a 20-yard radius of the blast. This is the most effective AOE spell imho, and I love it.

Ray of Frost (Snow Blast) - 215% weapon damage ramping quickly up to 280% weapon damage. This is the most powerful single-target spell for the Wizard. I use it whenever I need something to die quickly.

Archon - A truly amazing spell. It just flattens champion and boss packs with ease, and I've broken it out during boss encounters when adds spawn as well. Whenever I pop it and finish off the current group, I run as fast as I can toward the next mob pack to see how long I can keep it going. I suspect that I will end up using the Pure Power rune to reduce the cooldown time.

Frost Nova (Cold Snap) - A great get out of jail free card when you get swarmed, walled, or yanked into the middle of a mob pack. Cold Snap reduces the cooldown time to 9 seconds.

Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell) - With the Crystal Shell rune, Diamond Skin absorbs almost as much damage as my current health bar -- and I don't skimp on the vitality. It's great when I'm swarmed or when I'm getting hit by ranged attacks.

Right now, my passives are all about AP generation:

Power Hungry - Get 30 AP back when a health globe is used. It has been great in many big sustained fights for getting some extra AP to keep up the Arcane Orbs.

Astral Presence - +20 max AP plus 2 AP regen/sec. Lots of extra AP is good.

Prodigy - +4 AP back when (in my case) Magic Missle hits something. This is a good way to regenerate AP.

Later, I may end up swapping one of those for Evocation to reduce the cooldown timer on Diamond Skin, Frost Nova, and Archon.

Overall, I think I have a versitile build. I have a strong aoe attack (Arcane Orb), a strong single-target attack (Ray of Frost), a way to regenerate AP (Magic Missle - Split with Prodigy), and a wtfpwn button to use against champions, bosses, and masses of small mobs in Archon. Diamond skin gives good protection while Frost Nova keeps me from being overwhelmed by mobs. I'm really enjoying playing my Wizard with this build.

Messages In This Thread
My Wizard Build - by MongoJerry - 05-18-2012, 03:58 AM
RE: My Wizard Build - by MongoJerry - 05-27-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: My Wizard Build - by Chesspiece_face - 05-28-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: My Wizard Build - by MongoJerry - 05-29-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: My Wizard Build - by Chesspiece_face - 05-29-2012, 03:38 AM
RE: My Wizard Build - by MongoJerry - 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: My Wizard Build - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: My Wizard Build - by MongoJerry - 05-30-2012, 11:18 AM
RE: My Wizard Build - by Archon_Wing - 08-29-2012, 01:01 AM