Belial Evolved Wizard.
(05-18-2012, 03:43 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: I also did some testing, and it turns out that in fact you *do* get Prodigy procs on split Magic Missle, but you don't on Electrocute. I was skeptical that it would work, but some people at the Basin swore by it, so I did some testing and definitely, yes, you do get fast fills of the AP bulb using split magic missle with the Prodigy proc.

Thanks for the heads up. I had just assumed that since it didn't work for multi-damage other spells it also wouldn't work on Magic Missle.

I've altered that about my core build and am now using Split MM. Other than that I've been trucking along through NM and have been finding this build increasingly viable.

Disintegrate works wonders as it synergizes with Arcane Hydra greatly, throwing out tons of damage across groups. It also has the added benefit of incinerating enemies it kills which removes them from play. No resurrection for you!

I also feel, the farther I get into the game, that 'fire and forget' spells are more and more neccessary. There are a lot of spells that can fill this spot (Hydra, Blizzard, Meteor, etc.) but the scouting ability of Hydra is something I think a lot of people will over look. Being able to peak around corners or check to see if there is anything lurking just off the screen is absolutely invaluable.

The weakest aspect of the build is when facing off against heavily armored single targets as it sacrifices single target damage for increased mobility. In the end, however, this just means a little more time spent kiting in exchange for a whole ton of extra safety.

I was originally worried that the strong focus on AoE damage would start to fall off as the game went on. The farther I get into NM the trend seems to be going the other way. Even the beastliest of champion packs are fairly trivial if played well.

Messages In This Thread
Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by RTM - 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Pantalaimon - 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Pantalaimon - 05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by MongoJerry - 05-18-2012, 03:43 AM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-19-2012, 12:41 AM