Key bindings / Macros / Mods
Background (feel free to skip, if you wish): After much experimentation and observation of the healing meter, I've come to realize that one of my current biggest weaknesses is healing on the run. I'm getting to the point where I can hold my own in "stand and deliver" fights like Madness, but in fights involving movement like heroic Morchok, I get my butt kicked every time by other healers.

So, it's time. Yes, after years of keyboard turning and moving, I'm going to redo my key bindings, macros, and UI's so that I can actually play with two hands -- one on the mouse and one on the keyboard.

Question: As a part of my UI adjustment, I like the idea of using mouseover macros or UI's that will let me mouse over the raid unit frames and cast renews or shields on the run without specifically clicking the target -- all while maintaining the tank as my default target so I can quickly cast PoM and CoH on the tank at the conclusion of each cooldown.

However, there's a problem I'm experiencing and I hope that someone here knows what the solution is. I like the mouseover targetting when it's over the unit frames, but unfortunately the "@mousover" targeting command also targets a player if they are moused over in the 3D playing world. This concerns me, because in a large scale raiding or PvP environment, I can see problems with accidentally casting heals on people I don't want to heal. For example, I might move off the ui frame to cast heals on the tank I have targetted, but the mouse might just happen to land over a random player and the heal might be cast on them instead.

So, how do I keep the functionality of the @mouseover targeting command when over the raid unit frames but not have it work when it's off those frames? (I was also looking at the Clique add-on, but its description seems to imply that its hovercast bindings work the same way).

Messages In This Thread
Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by MongoJerry - 02-08-2012, 12:22 AM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by Quark - 02-08-2012, 12:57 AM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by Klaus - 02-14-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by Ell_man - 02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by MongoJerry - 02-14-2012, 06:30 AM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by LavCat - 02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by MongoJerry - 02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by LavCat - 02-14-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by Taelas - 02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Key bindings / Macros / Mods - by MongoJerry - 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM