Correct my storyline understanding? D1 > D2 > D2LOD > D3 [Spoilers]
Brick 
Ahoy fellow lurkers, been some time since appearing here.

It's been a long while and I've forgotten the transition between the Diablo saga. So in preparation to D3, I'd like to review and look for others to fill me in on what I may have forgotten or got the wrong idea. I'm leaving out the subquests and focusing on the main events of the story, feel free to correct or add where needed. I'd like to get the record straight without having to play to both games attentively over again Sleepy

Act 1 - D1
I do recall in a short summary, D1 was about the hero who returns to town (Odgen fills in this info, IIRC) who then lounges upon Tristram into the dungeon, in search for the Archbishop Lazarus who took a child with him.

- Something about the townspeople being tricked by Lazarus and led to the Butcher who slays many of them, few return alive.

Act 2
Hero progresses deeper into the Catacombs, finds tombs and stories on Arkane's Valor. I knew it was an armor, but what was the significance of Arkane's Valor?

- I think there was a narrative about the Hidden (creature group) too somewhere, not sure of this.

Act 3
Goes to Caves, I don't remember much backstory about the caves.

Act 4
Finds the entrance to hell, finds Sir Gourash, Lazarus, other super uniques (was there a plot related to these unique mobs?). Hero kills Lazarus, but Laz has already planted the soulstone (?) into the kid and Diablo is re-awakened, so hero slays Diablo.

Ending
Hero takes soulstone and puts into his head, sees/hears evil and becomes "The Wanderer".

D1 transitition D2
This is explained in D2 when Cain is rescued, the Hero from D1 becomes aloof, and "wanders" out of town a few days after celebration. Tristram becomes raided, pillaged.

Act 1 - D2 Classic
Andariel has corrupted the land of the Rogues/sisterhood, many of them became defiled minions. New hero ventures to rescue Cain, who gives some story. Hero2 crosses the land into the castle (which I'm still not sure why it is specifically a castle dungeon setting), goes into the catacombs and kills Andariel.

Act 2
Cain explains that the evil has moved east (I think?) Warriv takes hero east, learn about darkness spreading in the desert, find the horadric cube, staff of kings in maggot lair and viper amulet in valley of snakes was actually pieces for the Horadric staff. I don't remember much of the Horadrim story except about Tal-Rasha being corrupted, that they used to be a group of some sort that protected the land and was entrusted by Tyrael?

Anyway, hero makes staff, finds about the palace being corrupted with evil, finds evil summoner and kills him to find the true tomb of Tal Rasha.

Hero2 kills Duriel, who doesn't seem to have much backstory other than being an evil force. That releases Tyrael from his prison and the evil has moved to Kurast (?)

Act 3
There's that part where the wanderer (hero1 I think) walks out of the entrance and becomes a pack of monsters.

Think it's centered about finding the lost Khalim's pieces (Why was Kalim important anyway?) and transmuting them into the flail to break the compelling orb. Lots of the stuff around Kurast has been corrupted, those temples and high councils became evil or something like that.

Somewhere along this process is about finding out that Mephisto occupies the land, so the hero2 kills him. I still remember Mephisto always says "You're too late", think he implies that the hero2 was too late and that Diablo has already been ressurected.

Act 4
Hero2 defeats Izual, who talks about Tyrael being a fool. Hero2 shatters Mephisto's soulstone, kills Diablo's 3 lesser generals, defeats Diablo.

I'm not too clear on Tyrael's story at this point, something that Baal has gone further up the northlands (?)

Act 5 - D2LOD
Hero2 frees the barbarians, rescues Anya, Nithanlak got corrupted and gave some barbarian artifact to Baal, I think?

Hero2 has to go to the arreat summit, beat the 3 barbarians to enter the worldstone keep. Hero defeats Baal's minions, defeats Baal, Tyrael says it's too late and he has to destroy the worldstone because it was too corrupted (?)

That's as far as I can recall off the top of my head... any experts on the plots here, I know you are out there!

Messages In This Thread
Correct my storyline understanding? D1 > D2 > D2LOD > D3 [Spoilers] - by sojourn - 10-07-2011, 10:02 PM