Game Guide - Skill Calculator and Items
This is the original template for the Pure Melee Wizard that I will be playing at some point in DIII:

Melee Wizard

This is obviously completely melee. No arcane dumps. The name of the game here is complete control. As such I've runed Spectral Blades - Obsidian, Mirror Image - Alabaster, and Slow Time - Golden.

Mirron Image is the Primary escape tool and offers some extra damage along with the added stun. I've taken Illusionist which can refresh Mirror Image in a pinch, but this can easily be swapped out for Evocation if/when Illusionist is non-beneficial.

I've taken Galvanizing Ward to buff up Arcane Armor making this epically strong defensive skill even better. I am unsure how far Blizzard is going to be pushing the health orb aspect of the game, but the ability to regen health while fleeing/relocating/etc. could be absolutely invaluable. Blizzard's encounter and enemy design looks to be greatly improved in DIII, but I'm still expecting the more difficult sections to involve a lot of running in circles avoiding damage.

Which brings us to Diamond Skin. I disagree with Conc in that Slow Time and Diamond skin are interchangable. They both definitely have thier uses, but the possibility of a Duriel-esque boss that can essentially crush your face with one or two melee hits almost requires the massive defense of Diamond Skin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by RTM - 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 02:43 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 01:42 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Chesspiece_face - 09-24-2011, 02:47 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 03:27 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-17-2011, 06:53 PM